Menara Networks OTN XFP Host Board
OTN XFP 10Gb/s Transceiver with Integrated G.709 and FEC
Menara Networks' OTN XFP DWDM transceiver combines carrier-grade OTN G.709 and FEC performance into a XFP MSA compliant package.
OTN XFP is the only industry XFP MSA that can transparently carry a native 10G LAN PHY, SONET/SDH and Fibre Channel payload with a carrier-grade DWDM Optical Transport Network (OTN) interface without the need for bandwidth limitation.
OTN XFP offers G.709 compliant Digital Wrapper and Forward Error Correction (FEC) for superior optical performance and management functions equal to those found in DWDM Transponder systems. OTN XFP is designed to interoperate with any Open DWDM line system that support 100GHz spaced wavelengths per the ITU-T C-band grid thus offering complete and cost-effective DWDM transport for IP, MPLS, and Ethernet applications.
OTN XFP G.709 digital wrapper overhead and FEC functions are handled by the OTN Processor, which is integrated into the XFP module. The OTN Processor provides Operations Administration and Management (OAM) functions with G.709 alarms and Performance Management statistics.
OTN XFP supports the following main features:
- Compliant with XFP MSA
- Integrated OTN G.709 Digital Wrapper
- >6dB Net Coding Gain FEC for superior optical performance
- Multi-protocol and bit rate support for 10GE LAN, OC-192/STM-64, OTN and Fibre Channel modes
- Fully transparent 10G LAN PHY OTU2e at 11.09 Gbps
- ITU-T C-band 100GHz WDM interface
- True link BER reporting and Integrated 10 Gbps BIST and loop back functions for complete optical link turn-up testing
- OTN Digital diagnostics and alarm reporting
- Far end communications channel for demarcation control and status OAM
Finisar FTRX-3812S3xx XFP Transceiver
Finisar SONET/SDH 10Gb/s DWDM XFP Optical Transceiver (FTRX-3812S3xx); Finisar's FTRX-3812S3xx Small Form Factor 10Gb/s (XFP) transceiver complies with the current XFP Multi-Source Agreement (MSA) Specification1. It supports amplified DWDM 10Gb/s SONET/SDH applications. Digital diagnostics functions are available via a 2-wire serial interface, as specified in the XFP MSA. For a multiprotocol version that supports 10G-Ethernet.
Bookham IGF-32511 OC-192 IR2/STM S-64.2/10G-BASE-ER/W Transceiver
The IGF-32311 is a multi-protocol 1310 nm XFP transceiver for use in SONET/SDH, 10 Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Fibre Channel applications; the IGF-17311 is a 1310 nm XFP transceiver for use in 10 Gigabit Ethernet applications and meets the 10GBASE-LR specification.