The integrated optical channel reduces mismatch loss variation by eliminating signal distorting cables and connectors associated with the use of external receivers in order to accurately characterize optical waveforms. The optical channel is calibrated at 1310nm and 1550nm to provide both accurate display of the received optical waveform in optical power units and measurements of the signal average power. In addition, the user cal feature provides for consistent accuracy at any wavelength between 1200nm and 1600nm using a source and power meter.
The HP Agilent 83485B optical/electrical plug-in module includes a reference receiver path, similar to the 83485A, for 10 Gb/s transmitter test. Although no industry standards exist for 10 Gb/s testing, the HP 83485B has been designed to meet anticipated future standards.
Agilent HP 83485B Optical Electric Plug-In Module Option 040
- Wavelength range: 1000-1600 nm
- 30 GHz optical Channel
- 18 GHz and 40 GHz electrical channel
- Fourth Order Filter 10Gb/s reference receiver
- Switchable SDH/SONET filter for transceiver performance Testing
- Compatibility with 83480A Digital Communications Analyzer Mainframe and
86100A/B/C Infiniium DCA/DCA-J Mainframes